Be The Voice! My Voice Unheard is an online initiative which not only focuses on changing negative Pakistani perceptions but also promotes the psychological benefits of self-expression. The idea rests upon a fundamental south Asian, culturally acceptable behavior of in-expressiveness which is considered akin to psychological strength. On the contrary, research in psychology lays emphasis on expressing one’s self, fundamental to a healthy mind. Hence, we promote the voices of the many. Be it in the form of writing, audio, visual, illustrations or videos. We encourage all sorts of self-expression. However, all posts are made public upon the review of the core team.
Guidelines and ideas for your voices under each category are mentioned below.
- Each video can vary from 30s to 120s
- Videos could consist of individual messages or message as a group, whatever you want to convey
- Short films (10-15 mins or less) and informative documentaries
- Documentaries related to your work, life and experiences
- Personal biography of your life and work (100-250 words)
- A biography of somebody else who you want to highlight
- A quotation of your own
- A poem
- Piece of a journal writing
- Your views, thoughts to current issues that your country may be facing
- Blog writings
- Photos of your own self, conveying a message you want the audience to know about.
- Photos of friends, people you may know, your inspiration, just anything that you want to share which represents our themes and could be posted on the page
- Pieces of art, drawings, paintings, cards, comics and illustrations conveying a meaningful message to the audeince.
- Could include personal messages, group messages, no longer than 120s.
Any other ideas are welcome, just drop us an email on email@example.com or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org